Google is coming up with a new algorithmic change called the “Over-Optimization” penalty.
What this algorithmic change is intended to do is to pretty much penalize 1-2 page sites, keyword densities above a certain percentage, over-use of anchor texts, lack of content updates, and inter-linking through out your site with anchor texts.
So how do you avoid this?
It is actually quite simple.
1) Add one 500+ word article per week in your niche
2) Keep keyword density below 1%
3) When building links, use 5 to 11+ different anchor texts
You can check the amount of links that you have built, are losing / gaining on a day-to-day basis, along with all your anchor texts at Ahrefs.
4) Do not inter-link your site with its different pages
5) Do not do reciprocal link exchanges; ALL the links you build should be ONE WAY to your site!
Doing the 5 steps above should help you not get penalized with the new update.